Integrating “push” and “pull” communications via e-mail for online engagement
- We want people to learn about the Bates people and events that are most interesting to them (Views).
- We want to learn more about their interests and help them connect more personally with Bates (Updates).
- To encourage subscriptions, we want to provide multiple opt-in lists to deliver categorized posts (via RSS).
- To learn about subscribers, we want to gather actionable metrics integrated with the Bates Views posts (via Google Analytics).
- The current campus e-mail distribution service does not support either of these features, so we developed Bates Updates using an unbranded external service provider that specializes in e-mail delivery rates and compliance.