Maine Department of Education – Online Needs Analysis
Resources for Web publishing
U.K. Central Information Office
The following guidelines and metrics — which were developed for government websites in the United Kingdom — are among the best in the English-speaking world. They should be used to evaluate the Maine DOE core website, before and after the overhaul.
Resources for online communities of practice
Connected Online Communities of Practice
The COCP project, funded by the U.S. Department of Education, seeks to increase the quality, accessibility, and connectedness of existing and emerging online communities of practice in the United States.
- Cultivating Communities of Practice, Etienne Wenger, Richard McDermott, William M. Snyder, 2002.
- Disrupting Class: How Disruptive Innovation Will Change the Way the World Learns, Clayton Christensen, Curtis W. Johnson, Michael B. Horn, 2008.
- A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age, Daniel Pink, 2005.
- Wikinomics: How Mass Collaboration Changes Everything, Don Tapscott and Anthony D. Williams, 2006.
- Resources and reading – 6/29/2011
- Project: Maine Department of Education – Online Needs Analysis
- Executive sponsor: Maine DOE Commissioner Stephen Bowen
- Online media consultant: Jay Collier, The Compass LLC
- Funding: U.S. Department of Education EDFacts